Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Poppin Tags


Rummage Sale Dresser

When you are crafty like me, you love it when you find a “fixer upper.” Two items that I recently fixed up were a dresser and a desk. The dresser I found for free from Freecycle, and the desk (which I turned into a vanity) came from a rummage sale.

Before, the dresser was a paint-peeling bright blue, but here it is today. This project did not require much more than painting it. But it went from somewhat drab to clean and cute.

The desk on the other hand had a hole in the top when I bought it. Why would I buy something with a hole in it? Well, it was a rummage sale so I knew I could talk the price down (it had an obvious defect) and I had the perfect solution for it.

Rummage Sale Vanity Desk
To fix it:
-Wood glue a small light board inside of top drawer under hole
-Apply wood filler inside of hole on top
-Sand area of dried wood glue
-Paint it

Voila! Fixed and fixed!


Some other lovely items in the photo that you may have noticed are the chair (garage sale-just needed felt pads on bottom of chair legs to keep from scratching the wood floor), jewelry dish cat (garage sale), and vintage clock (rummage sale).

Rummage Sale Vintage Clock



Garage Sale Jewelry Dish Cat

What I love about rummage and garage sales along with thrift and resale shops is how many unique items you can find! Either furniture, decorations and clothing; there is always something fun that is that perfect “as is” or you cannot wait to bring to the tailor or get to work on in your garage.

Somehow though I doubt Macklemore wrote his song about homemakers poppin tags! J

No comments:

Post a Comment