Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Running Beginning

Now that you've set your goal(s) and rewards for running I wanted to share my history on how I got into running, and no it was not a glorious beginning.

Most of my life I always thought running was about speed, and no wonder when speed tended to be the definition of being a good runner. In school you were measured by your mile run and how fast you were according to state standards. I never remember once anyone teaching me how to run properly and how to build up distance or speed. So go figure that I not only was a slow runner, but I hated running.

It actually wasn't until my physical education course in college when I figured out how to love running. You ask why or how? Well to be honest, I was dating a boy that I had a mad crush on in my class, and out of the blue he broke up with me. The class was a ton of fun up until that point. We always played basketball during class, and after the breakup I had to decide between playing basketball with the boy who broke my heart or running the track that I hated with a passion. I picked the track. Since I had to spend the entire class period on the track I had plenty of time that semester to make friends with running. Not only did I make friends with running, but also with my body. It was the start of a beautiful friendship that has lasted to this very day! :)

Until my next running post, please start creating an awesome workout music playlist. It will jazz up your body and mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment