Friday, October 11, 2013

Baby Room Arts & Crafts

Since I started this blog about 9 months after I had my lovely daughter, Zooey, I never got a chance to share with you some cute arts & crafts in her room.


A Cozy Corner
Bonjour Painting
Upon entering her room, you're greeting with my "Bonjour" painting. It was a quick and fun creation. First I drew the layout on the canvas, painted it using matte acrylic paints, and finished it by painting along the edges creating a pseudo frame. Acrylic dries fairly quickly so this painting was ready to be displayed and enjoyed.

Z for Zooey
A Puffy Letter Z


My fabric "Z" letter was created after she was born since at the time we didn't know if we were having a boy or girl. Using a wooden "Z", I traced the shape on a fluffy wool, and covered the wood and fluff with fabric to match her room.







Moon & Stars Mobile
A Hand Painted Z
The last arts & crafts I wanted to share is a mobile that my talented sister and her boyfriend made for Zooey. At the moment we have it hanging next to a window above a bookshelf filled with board books and stuffed animals and lovies for Zooey to cozy up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment