Saturday, March 29, 2014

2 Months to Swimsuit Season!

Okay, okay. I know it's only the end of March, and most people don't actually start swimming until June, but have you looked at the calendar? Swimsuit Season is only about 2 months away!

Earlier today I wondered, why have I felt so gloomy? Is it because the sun has been hidden behind the clouds for days, and it's still only in the 30s and 40s? Le sigh... But then I started thinking, "Katie. You've had a total running AND yoga hiatus!" It's easy for your body to laugh at the idea of running or practicing yoga when you've been running after a 16 month old and running errands all day and every day. Your body says, "Relax, relax. There's always tomorrow." But here's the thing, I could always and forever tell myself there's always tomorrow. Nothing gets done with procrastination, and today I put my foot down and said, nope I'm hitting the treadmill!

Easier said than done. Where's the motivation when you feel so tired? Here was my motivation: Swimsuit Season. Since i've lost about 50 pounds after having Zooey, I'd like to keep it that way, and confidently rock it at a beach!

Swimsuit Season Plan:

1. Exercise 5-6 days a week (walking, running, yoga, and weight lifting)
2. Drink water (at least 8 cups a day)
3. Eat healthy (colorful fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and proteins)
4. Find a running buddy (makes it fun AND is safer when running outdoors)
5. Reward my achievements (like a cute new Sweatyband, a relaxing pedicure, or a "itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini"!)

Feel free to join me! I'll be posting about my progress, and feel free to post about yours! We can do this
together!

<3MiddleCoastMommy

No comments:

Post a Comment