Thursday, October 16, 2014

3 1/2 Month Run

3 1/2 Month and Jogging
Inspired by the Chicago Marathon (and my friends who ran it) last Sunday, I decided to hit the trail for the first time in almost 4 months with David and Zooey. Since this was my first run in a while I decided to take it easy. I started out with light stretching that my body ached for, walked as a warm up (to the trail), and once we got there we started light jogging. I was rather surprised how quickly my lungs burned, but David reminded me that I haven't had to breathe so deeply in a while. The loop we did totaled a 5k mixed with jogging and walking. I ended with stretching and basic strength exercises for my hips, glutes, and quads. Overall I was proud of what I accomplished, and looking forward to future strides and still hoping for that November 5k!

The day after my run I had my monthly check up with my OB GYN and double checked that I'm approved for jogging. He seemed happy that I was feeling well enough to even consider the idea (haha), and said of course but to check my pulse every once and a while to make sure I don't go over 140 beats per minute. Good to know!

xoxo, MiddleCoast

No comments:

Post a Comment