Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Running for Two

Hello 2nd trimester! I'm at 14 weeks as of yesterday, and I'm still slowly starting to feel better. With my first, Zooey, I started feeling better around 14 weeks and felt a lot better by 16. So I keep telling myself, any day now... Any day now.

Recently, every morning when I wake up, my body is just aching to be stretched and used either by yoga or running. In fact the other night I had a dream about running, and it felt wonderful. Since then I've been daydreaming about ways I can use free weights and easy yoga and running sessions. Today, it struck me that my OB GYN has always said that exercise is great during pregnancy and that they encourage it, and since I am a runner, I can continue running as long as I feel comfortable. So I've been a little tempted to run a 5k event this fall before it gets too awkward feeling to run (not to mention the upcoming winter). I'll keep you posted if I do sign up and run a 5k!

In the mean time, I found a cute running mommy blog that is encouraging, and a cute maternity workout gear site for all kinds of pregnancy goodies! 

If any of my lovely readers has experience running while pregnant please share your experiences! I'd be happy to hear!

XOXO, MiddleCoast

No comments:

Post a Comment