Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day <3 MiddleCoastMommy!
Valentine's Day has not always been my number one favorite holidays, but it has become one of my favorites over the past few years because of my lovely, David. Not only has having someone lovely like him to share it with, but being a Mom to a beautiful two year old girl adds a certain charm to the day. I would like to add, though, that this whole "galentine's" idea that I've seen recently is adorably cute, and glad to see it becoming a thing.

This year we decided to switch things up and instead of an evening out, we decided to have a delicious morning at one of our new favorite places to brunch, and make homemade lasagna (which I'll post our recipe in the future) for a quiet, relaxing yet romantic evening.

Brunch involved:
Delicious Valentine's Day Brunch
-Chicago roasted Intelligentsia Coffee (and water of course)
-David loved his Door County Cherry stuffed French Toast with a side of fresh roasted potatoes.
-I loved my veggie egg white omelet (with roasted orange and red pepper, asparagus, squash, and spinach) with a side of fresh roasted potatoes and black bean salsa, a toasted english muffin with marmalade, and a side of fresh fruit (blueberries, cantelope, honeydew and grapes).

Eating brunch, family cuddles (considering it was a windchill -20 degree day), and homemade cooking made our Valentine's Day a wonderful day. I hope all of my MiddleCoastMommy readers had a lovely day and weekend as well!

XOXO, MiddleCoastMommy

No comments:

Post a Comment