Saturday, February 28, 2015

Stay-B-Moon

Stay-B-Moon Baby Love!
A few weeks ago we had our glorious Stay-B-Moon, and I must say it was just as satisfying as our first Babymoon in Door County, Wisconsin.


Starting Friday evening I took the time to create an at-home-spa of a long and soothing shower, a facial, and ending the evening with sparkling grape juice and snuggling up to my love with one of my favorite romantic movies, Pride and Prejudice.


The next morning I continued the relaxation by starting off with a bowl of fresh mixed fruit, and getting a manicure, pedicure, and a hair trim/style inspired by Whippy Cake's Curly Hair (with a scalp massage of course) at one of my favorite Aveda salons. A couple reasons I love my Aveda salon is that not only do they use Opi nail care (which is supposedly safe during pregnancy), but also Aveda products which are incredibly natural and smell fabulous!


Vintage Brass Kitty
After the salon I ventured out to one of my favorite hidden gems of a resale shop and found some lovely vintage items such as a brass kitty! Then I came home to a delicious homemade veggie wrap and cuddles with Zooey before her nap time. While she napped (and David worked on
Cute Faux Plants
his Doctorate work) I headed out to some of my favorite shops (a combination of resale and boutiques), and came home with adorably-rustic glass jars and faux succulents. I finished just in time to wake Zooey up from her nap and get her ready for a sleepover at her Nana's house. Once Zooey was dropped off for the evening, David and I had a romantic dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant. I ate my much loved pasta dish with spicy sauce and mixed roasted vegetables. We saved dessert for the chocolate covered strawberries at home.


Yum! Brunch!
The following morning we woke up to lots of snow. Looking at the weather we decided we could still make our brunch reservation and be able to pick up Zooey before the snow became the blizzard it did! I'm glad we were able to make it to brunch too. We went to a cute place along the river where an old tree grows from and through the inside of the restaurant and out. I had been wanting to go there for years, but just never was able to. I picked one of their specials, which was a chocolate Belgium waffle with door county cherries and a side of fresh mixed fruit. It was so satisfying and delicious. Our breakfast together was the perfect way to end our Stay-B-Moon.




Cute Wintery Brunch

About an hour after picking up Zooey we got the call that schools were cancelled due to the blizzard and freezing cold. Considering David is a teacher we were able to extend our relaxing weekend into Monday too. Such a lovely surprise!

One happy Mommy!





               


    XOXO, MiddleCoastMommy


No comments:

Post a Comment